Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sydney APRA Song Summit

We had a pretty bumpy flight across the ditch but finally made it safe and sound. Jared's Uncle Pete picked us up from the airport and brought us back to their lovely home in Forrestville.
Jared's cousin Cameron showing off his best monster face and Tara at breakfast bright and early, up for the first day of the summit.
Catching the train from Chatswood station into the city.
Here's where we spent the next three days at the Darling Harbour Convention Centre.
Imogen Heap had a lot of inspiring ideas about songwriting which I'm yet to give a go, here she is about to play some tunes.
Kev Carmody, Australian folk songwriting hero. I was very fortunate to have a song writing workshop with this amazing man. This performance moved me to tears he was just so down to earth and genuine and I decided to buy two of his albums off his website after this.
Neil Finn!! We sat right up the front for this one, hes awesome!
Chrissey and I found a photo booth!
The view from the balcony, Darling Harbour at night fabulous darling!
Fireworks on our way home.
While in Sydney we also got to catch up with my old friend Nicola who I hadn't seen in at least 10 years! Wicked! Cool city would have loved a couple more days to take in more sights but no rest for the wicked, after 5 days Jared and I were off on the plane headed north to Byron Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment